Friday, March 16, 2012

Green Giants, Spring Break, and Leprechauns OH MY!

It’s Spring Break!! But I wanted to share a few more things my class did this week! We had a four day week and a field trip one day so I don’t feel like we got much accomplished. But we did lots of green activities this week for St. Patty’s Day!

I loved this poem for Mental Images on Deanna’s blog so we listened then drew.

photo (28)photo (29)photo (32)

I love how they are so unique. I definitely would want to encounter the second guy because he looks mean! And I love the way they had to figure out how to show his socks and his shoes. They were so puzzled by that!

photo (30)photo (31)

We also wrote about how to catch a leprechaun. The first one says “using a magnifying glass” and the next one says “keeping an eye on it.” They got really creative with tweezers and special boxes and nets to snatch him up!

Slide1

How do you catch a Leprechaun

Their writing inspired me to create another document to help with sequencing so here it is! I hope this works, I’m still experimenting with Google Docs.

Anyone have any fun Spring Break plans?!? I’m afraid I’ll be spending some of it at school. I’ve got to get prepared for when they come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment